(Recruitment, selection and pre-employment vetting)
Rolleston Primary creates a culture of safe recruitment and, as part of that, adopts the LA Recruitment & Selection Policy that helps deter, reject or identify people who might abuse children from working in any capacity at, or visiting the school
This is based on checks and evidence such as:
- Criminal record checks (DBS checks) for staff & volunteers that engage in regulated activity / unsupervised contact with children.
- Barred List checks
- Teacher Prohibition checks
- References, employment history and interview information
- Professional Qualification evidence
- Identity verification (Eg.Passport, driving licence, Birth Certificate, address confirmation)
- Mental & Physical fitness to carry out their work (Interview & pre-employment declaration of health)
- Right to Work in the UK verification
Schools keep a Single Central Record (SCR) as a register of information of all the above checks on staff and volunteers. This document is scrutinised & checked during an Ofsted inspection.
Contractors, Coaches and other visitors on the school site are checked according to the level of contact (unsupervised, supervised) contact with children.