The Personal, Social and Health Education at Rolleston Primary School is under review.
Currently, the school follows the 'Cambridgeshire Scheme' for PSHE. This aligns with the school's curriculum statement of intent, School Values, British Values and within the scope of our 'Mindfulness Zone'.
As updates regarding this new scheme of work are finalised, this page will be populated.
In the meantime, for addition information, please explore our Route to Resilience, Peaceful places, Mental Health/Wellbeing/Character/Values and Big Curriculum pages to explore the school's character education. Furthermore, you can explore the school's Twitter feed and YouTube Channel.
By applying a variety of strategies and adapted curriculums, we believe that a curriculum has been developed and improved upon that will safeguard your children's mental, physical, emotional and social wellbeing and best prepare them for the future. Furthermore, our full curriculum offer takes full account of safeguarding and duties outlined in:
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Prevent Duty
- Children’s behaviour management, including drug/alcohol use
- Staff behaviour and management (Code of Conduct; Safer Working Practice)
- Parents behaviour and management (Code of conduct when in school)
- Racist incidents and Homophobic Behaviour
- Anti-bullying including Peer Abuse and Children Using Sexually Abusive behaviour
- Sexual Violence and Sexual Harassment between children in schools and colleges
- Physical interventions/restraint
- Special Educational Needs, Mental Health Issues and Disabled Children
- Trips and visits
- Work experience and work related learning placements
- First aid and the administration of medicines
- Health and safety & Site security
- Sex and Relationship Education/Underage Sexual Activity (Healthy Relationships and
- Domestic Violence in Young People)
- Equal opportunities
- ICT and E-safety, including on and offline and acceptable usage
- Extended School Activities
- Mobile phone and camera use (digital equipment)
- LAC Policy
- Visitor Policy
- Whistleblowing Procedures (Appendix 6)
- COVID-19 school closure arrangements for Safeguarding and Child Protection - March
- 2020, April 2020 & reviewed June 2020